Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sand sittin’…star gazin’


I could have viewed the photos for the nth times, but since good memories aren’t confined to photos alone, I consider my sunburn as another reminder of the good time that was. No stones left unturned and no sand left un-stirred as warm bodies get warmer under the summer sun. Muscles were flexed while rowing (trying hard) along the sandy coast safeguarded by rocks that looked scary with their pointed edges. I could have viewed the photos once more, and more, and more. But then again, good memories aren’t a monopoly of a pause, smile, click, before my Canon.

Sore muscles, obviously overstretched from the occasional swimming and boating and walking, are reminders of how well I ate, drank (coke, usually), and became merry. With the star-studded night and pants wet from sitting on the sand, I couldn’t ask for more except that good times don’t last. Not forever. But anyhow, I learned about sea creatures (that ended up in the dinner table) and lamented about dead corals. I learned to make the sea my playground…albeit, short-lived. I learned about people. I learned about vignettes of life in that coastal town that gave me good memories to remember.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home