Friday, December 28, 2007

Coffee girls


Once, sipping coffee at a coffee shop, I noticed two girls asking money from diners. They ate the left-overs...with so much gusto, they could model for langhap sarap. I called one of them, the bigger one. I asked where she's from. In Quiapo, she said. They often go to the mall to ask for pamasko. Then I asked for her name, I forgot the name. But not her apelyido. KUTO. She's little Ms. Kuto.

Speaking of kuto, mothers used this kuto tale to scare young ones. If you have so many kuto, they'll fly you and drop you from the air. I got scared of that when I was little. It's an urban (rural) legend that was told so convincingly. But aside from the scare, I thought, it's tasteless and so incredibly base to be flown away by lice. Goodness....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home